“The activities and excursions facilitate the emotional stability of the resident”
The Occupational Therapy department promotes integration. The main objective is to help the resident to achieve the highest possible degree of independence in their daily life, helping to maintain a stable cognitive level thanks to techniques such as:
* Workshops on daily life activities to avoid disconnection with the outside world: cooking workshop, account management, etc.
* Group dynamics: celebration of masses, musical choir, birthday celebrations, themed parties, etc.
* Leisure therapy: board games, handicrafts, bingo, dominoes, reading, sports, etc.
* Cognitive stimulation workshops.
* Outings or shopping trips at least once a week.
This department is also in charge of integrating the resident with new communication and computer technologies, fostering the resident’s relationship with his or her family environment.